Management Accountant (Operations)
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Kegworth
- Time: Monday-Friday 08.30-17.00
- Department: Finance
- REF NO: KDOPS1
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Management Accountant – Operations Finance (supporting the Supply Chain) aims to produce accurate and timely monthly accounts through ensuring adherence to process and challenging Operations team on results and assumptions. Co-ordinates the forecasting process of the Operations area, reviewing and challenging for enhanced accuracy. The Management Accountant will co-ordinate the activities required to meet company financial and quality standards and focuses on continuous improvement whilst contributing to the companies 4C’s strategy, and demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
- Able to demonstrate sound technical ability in order to accurately complete monthly accounts including Prepayments and Accruals and be able to reconcile all Balance Sheet controls in line timetable requirements, whilst providing insightful profit and loss analysis..
- Work proactively providing weekly Operational information to the Operations management teams.
- Assist in improving understanding of manufacturing choice of effect on profitability.
- Assist in preparation of capital project requests and reviews in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating,issuing and collating forecast and planning templates and be confident in reviewing and challengingsubmissions with the Operations teams
- Provide insight at monthly Operations meetings into the financial impact of daily choices.
- Flexibility to undertake ad hoc projects to drive continuous improvement across all areas of finance
- Improve visibility of cost savings and revenue generating activities
- Understanding of both UK and US accounting regulations inc GAAP
- Understanding of the Manufacturing and Purchasing Environment within FMCG to then build a broad knowledge of the soft drinks industry and awareness of external business pressures through research
- Influencing skills due to the need to impart, gather and understand financial information across different functions within the business
- Understands the principles and processes of effective communication and how to apply them, also to understand how to provide and actively seek feedback in a way which enhances confidence and commitment
COMPETENCES, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :-
- Qualified or Part Qualified accountant minimum of 3 years experience, actively studying towards full qualification achievement within 6 months of appointment.
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Internal customer obsessed
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Advanced Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
- Willingness to travel, as and when required, between sites (estimate up to 5-7 days per month)
- Requirement to attend and support the stock take process
Cott U.K. includes five manufacturing facilities situated in the U.K. producing multiple types of preserved and non-preserved beverages including, carbonated and still soft drinks, flavoured and unflavoured still and sparkling water, fruit juice and juice based products (including squash), freezables and ready to drink alcohol.