Trainee Management Accountant (Commercial)
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Kegworth
- Time: Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00
- Department: Finance
- REF NO: KDSGA2
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Trainee Management Accountant aims to produce accurate and timely monthly accounts through ensuring adherence to process and challenging sales team promotional funding assumptions. Able to calculate latest cost of product requests and communicate profitability to sales teams. The Trainee Management Accountant will co-ordinate the activities required to meet company financial and quality standards and focuses on continuous improvement whilst contributing to the companies 4C’s strategy, and demonstrating the company values and behaviours.
- Able to demonstrate sound technical ability in order to accurately complete monthly accounts including Prepayments and Accruals and be able to reconcile all Balance Sheet controls in line timetable requirements.
- Work proactively providing daily and weekly sales volume and value information to the commercial management teams
- Prepare accurate costings for existing and new products in a timely manner and be able to communicate the profitability of the proposals.
- Responsible for creating, issuing and collating forecast and planning templates and be confident in reviewing and challenging submissions with the sales teams
- Flexibility to undertake ad hoc projects to drive continuous improvement across all areas of commercial finance
- Maintain accuracy of promotional funding databases, liaising with sales teams to understand individual customer contracts and implications.
- Understanding of UK and US accounting principles
- Understanding of the Commercial Environment within FMCG to then build a broad knowledge of the soft drinks industry and awareness of external business pressures through research and understanding including time in trade, etc
- Influencing skills due to the need to impart, gather and understand financial information across different functions within the business
- Understands the principles and processes of effective communication and how to apply them, also to understand how to provide and actively seek feedback in a way which enhances confidence and commitment
COMPETENCES, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :-
- Part qualified accountant minimum of 2 years experience, actively studying towards full qualification.
- Commercial background
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Internal customer obsessed
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Advanced Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Cott Beverages is one of the world’s largest producers of beverages on behalf of retailers, brand owners and distributors. We have a portfolio of household name brands; Old Jamaica, Emerge, Calypso Soft Drinks, macb, SUSO*, Ben Shaws, Carters and Mr Freeze.